Definition of bitmap in English:
A representation in which each item corresponds to one or more bits of information, especially the information used to control the display of a computer screen.
- This version used bitmaps for each menu screen, rather than text-based menus.
- Most programmers eventually have to manipulate bitmaps for icons or toolbars, and most programmers don't have a good bitmap editor available.
- For static items like a dialog box, bitmaps are enough.
verb (bitmaps, bitmapping, bitmapped)[with object] Back to top
Represent (an item) as a bitmap: (as adjective bitmapped) a bitmapped background
More example sentences
- The idea was to offer serious readers digitized and bitmapped versions of books from every age, allowing both access to the text as a corpus, and as a set of specially designed original pages.
- No bitmapped scans are these: our postscript images will print crisply at any size.
- Nevertheless, you will still need to import graphics and any images that are bitmapped.
Definition of bitmap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan