noun (plural bizarreries)
- A thing considered extremely strange and unusual, especially in an amusing way: [mass noun]: they were connoisseurs of bizarrerieMore example sentences
- But where in the Iliad we still encounter bizarrerie, in Troy the visual and sexual could not be more ordinary despite the virtual scenery.
- This episode, we can agree, adds a new chapter to the annals of bizarrerie.
- Sometimes he proceeds with full force, but his own powers trip him up; originality becomes bizarrerie, genius begets monsters.
mid 18th century: from French, from bizarre.
More definitions of bizarrerieDefinition of bizarrerie in:
- The US English dictionary