1Either of two cultivated varieties of bean plant having small black seeds:
- However, other relatives are the navy bean, black beans and pinto beans.
- Some of these varieties include Huron and Mackinac navy beans, Redhawk dark-red kidney beans, and - this year - Jaguar and Phantom black beans.
- Landcare representatives say whilst the black bean is a local species it is not native to the coast and goes against Council's vegetation management plans.
1.1The dried seed of the black bean plants, used as a vegetable: [as modifier]: black bean sauce
More example sentences
- For the black bean truffle sauce: In a small saucepan, add the black beans and water and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When I'm in Brazil I eat our classic stew of black bean, rice, flour and beef, which our cook makes for us.
- Apples, bananas, green beans and black beans all contain lots of carbs-and they're super good for you!
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: black bean
Definition of black bean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.