- A highly venomous American spider which has a black body with red markings.
More example sentences
- Latrodectus mactans, family Theridiidae; subspecies also occur on other continents (see katipo, redback, button spider)
- It's the female black widow spider that is venomous and displays a menacing red dot on her abdomen.
- The agency advises anyone who comes into contact with a black widow against touching the spider or its web.
- They casually remarked one morning that they'd seen a black widow spider in the tub and washed it down the drain.
More definitions of black widowDefinition of black widow in:
- The US English dictionary