- Black paste or polish, especially that used on shoes.More example sentences
- Until the 1939-45 war, Allcocks coated their reels with some sort of blacking that looked wonderfully used, even when it was new.
- Within two years, Charles was sent to work at a blacking factory in the Strand.
- I never even got to go to school, instead spending my childhood working first in a blacking factory and later as an attendant on the Vomitron ride at Luna Park.
More definitions of blackingDefinition of blacking in:
- The US English dictionary