- A list of people or groups regarded as unacceptable or untrustworthy and often marked down for punishment or exclusion.More example sentences
- This is one of the books of the year, a lucid history of the Communist Party in Hollywood through the period of the blacklist.
- We do make our blacklist publicly available so anyone can check if we are banning sites critical towards us.
- The Popular Front period would fade into history, eclipsed by the war, the McCarthy period, the blacklist, the cold war.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Put (a person or group) on a blacklist: workers were blacklisted after being quoted in the newspaper (as adjective blacklisted) blacklisted booksMore example sentences
- Taking a serious note of the incident, the president blacklisted the Indian actor for his remarks.
- Originally a stage actor in France, he was blacklisted as a result of signing a statement against the French occupation of Algeria.
- Despite the fact that Arbuckle was later acquitted of manslaughter after two hung juries, he was essentially blacklisted from Hollywood.