A small, delicate fern with rounded spore cases, growing on rocks and walls in both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Cystopteris, family Woodsiaceae: several species
More example sentences
- Bulbet bladder fern, brittle bladder fern, and slender cliff brake grow among the outcrops here.
- Berry bladder ferns and columbine thrive in shaded parts, while baby lip fern and shad bush bask on sunny rock faces.
- More than 30 species of ferns have been identified here, including hay-scented, New York and bladder ferns.
Definition of bladder fern in:
- The US English dictionary