Definition of blasphemous in English:
Sacrilegious against God or sacred things; profane: blasphemous and heretical talk
More example sentences
- I suspect that it is probably sacrilegious or even blasphemous to suggest such a thing.
- I believe that they should bail out of a blasphemous and unholy organization that is going down, hard.
- Already they are blaspheming and doing blasphemous things against the church.
- Example sentences
- Is this a comment on religious relics and iconography, or is she blasphemously raising her work to the level of the sacred?
- I got to my feet and stalked into the graveyard, blasphemously passing over old graves and fake flower arrangements.
- He wants to promulgate an extreme form of the religion he blasphemously claims to represent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan