- A blastula having the form of a disc of cells on top of the yolk.More example sentences
- When the membranes surrounding the peripheral nuclei fuse to form the 6000 cells of the cellular blastoderm, they enclose 175-225 polyploid yolk nuclei within a large syncytial yolk cell.
- As a result, the blastodisc on the yolk becomes a blastoderm.
- When the egg is laid, the blastoderm contains several hundred cells.
More definitions of blastodermDefinition of blastoderm in:
- The US English dictionary