Definition of bleacher in English:
1A person or thing that bleaches.
- It was usual practice for the finishing trades of the bleachers and dyers to develop alongside hosiery.
- And I find it rather hard to identify with linen bleachers and farm workers.
- The arrival of French bleachers who developed the town's textile industry in the late 1760s added to it.
2 (usually bleachers) North American A cheap bench seat at a sports ground, typically in an outdoor uncovered stand: there’s a pudgy man in the bleachers pacing the aisles
More example sentences
- On their way to practice they noticed Kendra sitting on the bleachers on the old court, with a photo album.
- We had our own designated section of the bleachers, and were supposed to spend at least half of each game there.
- I cringed as the crowd of Clemington students next to me began screaming names across the gym bleachers.
Definition of bleacher in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia