noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The ability to respond to visual stimuli without consciously perceiving them, a condition which can occur after certain types of brain damage.More example sentences
- And then there is the fact - illustrated beautifully by Humphrey's own work on blindsight - that phenomenal consciousness is not necessary for the perceptual guidance of action.
- The technique is reported as noninvasive and safe and will allow scientists to study a phenomenon of blindsight - the ability of some blind people to sense and accurately describe objects they cannot see.
- In ingenious experiments, monkeys with damage to the visual cortex showed blindsight.
More definitions of blindsightDefinition of blindsight in:
- The US English dictionary