- 1British A storage heater.More example sentences
- Think of the extra costs eg. new coats, boots, thermal underwear, block heaters that we each individually would have to bear.
- So I had a 16 block storage/convector heater in the lounge and a 16 block heater in the hall.
- 2North American A device for heating the engine block of a vehicle.More example sentences
- Use a block heater in winter to pre-warm your car engine.
- Most states don't get cold enough to plug in the block heater on your diesel.
- The block heater is plugged into electricity to keep the coolant circulating so in the morning the engine isn't frozen up.
More definitions of block heaterDefinition of block heater in:
- The US English dictionary