Definition of blue box in English:
1chiefly US An electronic device used to access long-distance telephone lines illegally.
- In 1971, they manufactured hordes of the blue boxes and sold them to students in the Berkeley dorms.
- Legend has it that the two novice entrepreneurs sold the blue boxes door-to-door on the Berkeley campus, several years before they founded their computer company.
2Canadian A blue plastic box for the collection of recyclable household materials.
- Each week, on the same day, either the black bin with household rubbish and the blue box with tins and plastic were collected, or the brown bin for garden rubbish and the green box for paper.
- He added: ‘If residents separate out everything they can for recycling using their blue boxes and bags then collection of the remainder the following week should be sufficient.’
- We have a blue box for plastic bottles, tins and white cardboard packing.
Definition of blue box in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan