Definition of blue rinse in English:
1A preparation used as a rinse on grey or white hair so as to give it a temporary blue tint.
- For the famous Greenham Common demo a group of us borrowed clothes and had temporary blue rinses done to look older.
- I see no evidence of a blue rinse, wrinkly brown stockings, big grey bloomers or a bus pass, if that's any help.
- These are normally special places where nature waves the white flag, and predators become grannies waiting for their blue rinse.
1.1 (also blue-rinsed) [as modifier] informal , derogatory Relating to conservative elderly women: the blue-rinse brigade
More example sentences
- I do believe they're talking about a more conservative dresser, not someone of the blue-rinse brigade.
- His widely-publicised friendship with the former topless model set sherry glasses rattling among the blue-rinse brigade.
- He read it a few days ago at an author event and several members of the blue-rinse brigade in the audience got up and left while he was in full flight.
Definition of blue rinse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan