- 2Any of a number of ducks with blue bills:
More example sentences
- ● North American the scaup duck. ● Australian the blue-billed duck (Oxyura australis).
- Scaup (bluebill) numbers plummeted during the past two decades, falling from a high of more than 7 million in the early 1980s to about 3.4 million this year.
- When drought hit the prairies and parkland in the mid-1980s, scaup (bluebill) numbers fell below their goal of just over 6 million.
- The research also determined that body weights of collected bluebills were greater than or similar to estimates from birds collected in the 1980s before the precipitous decline.
More definitions of bluebillDefinition of bluebill in:
- The US English dictionary