1A race between rowing crews.
- To celebrate the 150th Thames boat race and the 175th anniversary of the first boat race, two crews of old students from both universities will race in replica boats during the afternoon.
- To celebrate the 150th Boat Race and the 175th anniversary of the very first boat race two crews of old students from both universities will race in replica boats during the afternoon.
- CAN anyone out there explain to me why the men's eights race in the university boat race is better than the women's event and earns the ‘flagship’ designation?
1.1 (the Boat Race) The annual boat race between Oxford and Cambridge. First rowed at Henley in 1829, it has been held over its present course, from Putney to Mortlake (6.8 km, 4.25 miles), since 1845.
- Known simply as the Boat Race, Oxford and Cambridge Universities faced each other for the 150th time in a one on one battle over the 4 - ¼ mile course.
- He raced for Oxford University in the Boat Race, in 1990 and 1991.
- However, earlier this month, rowing had one of its rare moments in the spotlight as Oxford and Cambridge Universities contested the Boat Race.
2British rhyming slang A person’s face.
- In Revenge of the Sith, we see the transition of Chancellor Palpatine from the human visage of actor Ian McDiarmid to the twisted distorted boat race of Darth Sidious, the self appointed Emperor.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: boat race
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.