nounNorth American & Australian /NZ
- A kind of sprung hairpin or small clip.More example sentences
- STEP 7: Secure with a bobby pin at the top of the ponytail.
- He leaned against the bars and thought for a moment, ‘do you have a bobby pin or some other clip in your hair?’
- Next, wrap the loose section of hair around the elastic to cover, then secure the end of it under the base of the ponytail with a bobby pin.
verbBack to top
- (bobby-pin) [with object] Fix (hair) in place with a bobby pin: her hair was bobby-pinned upMore example sentences
- I indignantly pulled my curly hair into a high, oomphy ponytail and bobby-pinned my long side bangs back on top of my head, misting myself with hairspray.
More definitions of bobby pinDefinition of bobby pin in:
- The US English dictionary