- A strong, dark German beer.More example sentences
- Extra strong ales and lagers, bock beer, Adam bier, and barley wine are the brandy, cognac, and port equivalents of the beer world, capable of Armagnac status on the tongue.
- Though a pate, rich and gamy in flavor, may require the creamy weight and tartness of a barley wine or bock beer.
- At the time he bought Spoetzl Brewery in 1989, the brewer of bock beer founded by German and Czech immigrants some 80 years earlier was just another regional brewer on a quickening slide into oblivion.
mid 19th century: via French from an abbreviation of German Eimbockbier 'beer from Einbeck', a town in Lower Saxony, Germany.
More definitions of bockDefinition of bock in:
- The US English dictionary