(also bogong moth)
- A large brown moth of southern Australia, formerly eaten by Aborigines.
More example sentences
- Agrotis infusa, family Noctuidae
- The bogongs, I am reliably informed, normally migrate from Queensland to the Snowy Mountains in October.
- Who would support him if he chose controversially to burn off part of the Lane Cove River Park that was home to a distinctive family of bogong moths?
- I sense above the rotting bodies of bogong moths in Canberra an especial stench around the events of last Thursday.
mid 19th century: from Ngayawung (an Aboriginal language).
More definitions of bogongDefinition of bogong in:
- The US English dictionary