- A kind of typeface with dark, heavy strokes: the phrase is given in boldfaceMore example sentences
- Therefore, if you want to exchange standard document types with other users, prepare one typical document using all the necessary formatting, including headers, italics and boldface.
- Special formatting techniques to distinguish nonverbal notes or speaker names, such as boldface, italics, or underlining will not transfer to the spreadsheet.
- If you use italics or boldface in the manuscript, they will still need to be marked up by production.
adjectiveBack to top
- Printed in boldface type: boldface lettersMore example sentences
- Other nodes involved in recombination events are indicated by the boldface lowercase letters a - e.
- To be as thorough as possible, we examined the textbooks on a page-by-page basis, counting as a concept all those found in headings and subheadings, boldface print, or italics, as well as concepts that were given explicit definitions.
- Well, the story is on Page 2, and right next to his photograph, in large boldface print, is the following quote: ‘I take full responsibility for this problem.’
More definitions of boldfaceDefinition of boldface in:
- The US English dictionary