- (Of a gun) having a breech which is opened by turning a bolt and sliding it back.More example sentences
- It is a bolt-action rifle instead of automatic, which locks the round in place better and gives more consistent accuracy.
- In orderly fashion, two-hundred young native men took up flanking positions, armed with rifles, shotguns, even old bolt-action rifles.
- Kimber is best known for its 1911-style handguns and high-quality bolt-action rifles.
More definitions of bolt-actionDefinition of bolt-action in:
- The US English dictionary