A short, light type of surfboard ridden in a prone position.
- It's like an inflatable boogie board that you ride down ski slopes instead of on waves.
- My daughter is starting to pick up bodysurfing and spends a fair amount of time on her boogie board.
- Also, try surfing with a boogie board, a small foam pad you lay on to ride a wave, available to borrow at most hotels.
- Example sentences
- For both snowboarding and skateboarding, kids should wear helmets, and surfers and boogie-boarders should be accompanied by an adult.
- The beach is a popular place for learner surfers and boogie-boarders and is safe for swimming.
- It was a clear morning, with a surfer and one boogie-boarder catching the waves.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: boo¦gie board
Definition of boogie board in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.