Definition of boohoo in English:
Used to represent the sound of someone crying noisily: ‘boohoo, nobody loves me!’
More example sentences
- This is not the end but, boohoo, I'm so alone and nobody loves me.
- Oh boohoo, please don't start crying cos I gave you a taste of your own medecine. You are such a cry baby… boohoo</em.
- So I tell him that I'm mad at him because he totally ignored me and then he goes, ‘Oh boohoo, Kimmy, someone didn't pay attention to you’.
verb (boohoos, boohooing, boohooed)[no object] Back to top
Cry noisily: I managed not to boohoo, even when they crowded around my chair
More example sentences
- Well, I am back in the studio again after over a week of boohooing over Lizzy.
- For those of you who are sad and lonely and boohooing today… life is too short.
- ‘But she said, ‘But I love him,’ and she boohooed all over us and we knew we had lost.’
Mid 19th century: imitative.
Words that rhyme with boohooaccrue, adieu, ado, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, ballyhoo, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lasso, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, nardoo, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, sou, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wahoo, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
Definition of boohoo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan