Definition of bookseller in English:
A person who sells books, especially as the owner or manager of a bookshop.
- The publisher would not reveal the size of its initial print run but said it was forced to publish a second edition with some booksellers quickly selling out.
- Such books are sold through small booksellers, who are not accountable to any sales laws and who do not care for business ethics.
- Aiming to tap this holiday mood, a number of publishers and booksellers are organising book exhibitions in the city.
- Example sentences
- However, in order to get an edge in sales, alternative means of book selling must be employed.
- Here's a summary history of bookselling in the U.S.
- Collins had a secure place in the world of bookselling.
Words that rhyme with booksellerstoryteller
Definition of bookseller in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia