- 1A worm, mollusc, insect, or insect larva which bores into wood, other plant material, or rock.More example sentences
- Thus, the hypothesized paleoclimate of the two fossil localities fits well within the range in which both insect and mite wood borers are found today.
- Two rice strains were genetically altered to resist two insects, rice stem borers and leaf rollers, which sometimes require heavy use of pesticides to control.
- Stalk borer larvae injure corn plants in June and early July.
- 2A tool for boring.More example sentences
- They consist of a large number of carefully made large blades and flakes and an unusually high proportion of finished tools including backed knives, scrapers and borers.
- The tools were a saw, a pipe borer or tube drills for wine reduction, and a carpenter's drill or brace with a tightening screw.
- A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.
More definitions of borerDefinition of borer in:
- The US English dictionary