- A weakly acid crystalline compound derived from borax, used as a mild antiseptic and in the manufacture of heat-resistant glass and enamels. See also boracic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: B(OH)3
- In geothermal waters, hydrogen sulphide, silicic acid, and boric acid may also be important.
- Fluxes of this type are usually based on borax, boric acid, or glass, which melts at copper alloy melting temperatures to provide a fluid slag cover.
- Perhaps boric acid or sodium borate can be added to the paper layer or slurry of gypsum during the making of wallboard.
More definitions of boric acidDefinition of boric acid in:
- The US English dictionary