- Denoting texts or recordings produced in digital form, rather than having been converted from print or analogue equivalents: as research libraries are discovering, born-digital materials are more complicated and costly to preserve than anticipatedMore example sentences
- Increasingly libraries are taking responsibility for born-digital collections (such as geo-spatial or numeric data sets, faculty or class Web sites) and developing tools for their management and use.
- Ongoing digitization requirements and the need to increasingly deal with "born-digital" cultural products will transform current digital product project activities into standard day-to-day operations.
- He says the preservation of 'born-digital' records is his greatest challenge, and he hopes when he leaves the job people will conclude he addressed it effectively.
More definitions of born digitalDefinition of born digital in:
- The US English dictionary