- A sweet-scented Australian shrub which is cultivated for its perfume and for the cut-flower trade.
More example sentences
- Genus Boronia, family Rutaceae
- There are the perfumes too: scent of eucalypt leaves, fragrance of a boronia; and textures to feel: papery bark of melaleucas, furrows in ironbark trunks.
- I have answered to my own satisfaction questions that intrigued me then, now I have seen the Australian spring, I have smelt the boronia, watched snakes and lizards, listened to the locusts.
- In-principle agreement has been reached to exempt species like mock orange and boronia, and the ban now applies to 10 members of the Rutaceae family, and all citrus.
modern Latin, named after Francesco Borone (1769–94), Italian botanist.
More definitions of boroniaDefinition of boronia in:
- The US English dictionary