Food poisoning caused by a bacterium growing on improperly sterilized tinned meats and other preserved foods.
- The bacterium is Clostridium botulinum
More example sentences
- Dr Edmiston explained how anthrax, smallpox variola virus, botulism, and pneumonic plague fit the criteria.
- Other infectious diseases that pose a threat include plague, tularemia, botulism and tuberculosis.
- And he took the observation that with the food poisoning called botulism, one of the first symptoms was crossed eyes, or drooping of the lids.
Definition of botulism in:
- The US English dictionary