- Thin soup or stock made by stewing meat, fish, or vegetables in water.More example sentences
- Combine the instant dashi or vegetable bouillon powder and boiling water in a saucepan, stirring well.
- If you long for Markt's ham hock in an oddly smoky pea-and-asparagus soup, the coriander-and-leek-infused bouillon with mussels should charm more.
- Add 3 cups hot water and bouillon to taste (or instead, add 3 cups hot broth), and the cheese rind.
French, literally 'liquid in which something has boiled', from bouillir 'to boil'.
More definitions of bouillonDefinition of bouillon in:
- The US English dictionary