- A mammal of the cattle family (Bovidae).More example sentences
- The Northern immigrants to South America included the rodents, Carnivora (bears, cats, dogs, etc.), llamas and horses, bovids (particularly deer), and the tapirs and elephants.
- After hippos, bovids are the most abundant group of mammalian fossils.
- Like bovids and cervids, they have a full set of lower incisors, but the uppers are replaced by a horny pad.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Bovidae (plural), from bos, bov- 'ox'.
More definitions of bovidDefinition of bovid in:
- The US English dictionary