An alcoholic drink intended to prepare one for something difficult or unpleasant.
- Much grappa disappears into steaming cups of espresso called caffé correcto as a midmorning bracer on a cold day.
- We've got about ten minutes in the bar for a quick bracer and pit-stops before the others arrive.
- So I had a few bracers, called my boss, and informed him of the tragedy; I was in New Hampshire, grieving with my relatives - my voice trembling.
Words that rhyme with braceracer, chaser, debaser, embracer, facer, macer, mesa, pacer, placer, racer, spacer, tracer
1A type of wrist guard used in archery and other sports.
- He finished buckling on the rest of his armour: chest-plate, shoulder-pads, bracers, shin-guards and the works.
- Although I bet she had to work to get her wrists strong enough, she thought, and I'll bet she probably wears bracers.
- Oh, the vest-thing is called a chest guard, so the string of my bow doesn't get caught on my shirt, and the wristband is called a bracer.
2 historical A portion of a suit of armour covering the arm.
- He put bracers on his forearms, the right one with a small, round shield attached, and fingerless gauntlets on his hands.
- His silver armor consisted of sleek silver leggings with a massive silver dragon bracer that he wore on his right arm, while he also wore two silver dragon gauntlets that were spiked and slightly tinged by dried blood.
- His armor consisted of a pair of bracers, a pair of greaves, and a chain shirt, all made out of the same black material.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.