- Irreversible brain damage causing the end of independent respiration, regarded as indicative of death.More example sentences
- Thus physicians have to make clinical decisions about brain death wherever neurologists or neurosurgeons are not available.
- The programme also states that an isoelectric EEG is an indicator of brain death, which is not correct.
- Comparison of organ donation from living and cadaveric donors presents a unique opportunity to study the effect of brain death on clinical outcome.
More definitions of brain deathDefinition of brain death in:
- The US English dictionary