- The central trunk of the mammalian brain, consisting of the medulla oblongata, pons, and midbrain, and continuing downwards to form the spinal cord.More example sentences
- The twentieth century opened with knowledge that the brainstem (pons and medulla) generates regular breathing.
- The brainstem consists of the midbrain, pons and medulla, structures located deep in the back of the brain.
- Nearly all cases of PML involve the cerebral white matter, but it may also involve white matter of cerebellum, brainstem and spinal cord.
More definitions of brainstemDefinition of brainstem in:
- The US English dictionary