Wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement: a man leaped out brandishing a knife
More example sentences
- This was soon displaced by another stereotype, a bearded guerilla fighter brandishing an automatic weapon.
- The shopkeeper was assaulted when four youths entered his shop brandishing the weapons and stole a sum of money.
- Since when did citizens brandishing weapons have the right to pull over other citizens?
- Example sentences
- Those elements are presentationally dangerous for brandishers of sincerity, and so are censored out.
- Unlike axe brandishers, slaughterers are deeply respected and admired by the other warriors of their tribe.
- The gun brandisher was possibly a passenger in a vehicle that had left the scene.
Words that rhyme with brandishblandish, outlandish, Standish
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bran|dish
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.