verb[with object] (often as adjective brazed)
- Form, fix, or join by soldering with an alloy of copper and zinc at high temperature: a brazed joint a disc is brazed to the cut-off end of the drill shankMore example sentences
- These steels are also brazed using nickel alloy filler metal.
- The handle is welded to the body rather than brazed or silver soldered.
- They can be readily brazed, and many coppers and copper alloys can be welded by various gas, arc and resistance methods.
nounBack to top
late 17th century: from French braser 'solder', ultimately of Germanic origin.
More definitions of brazeDefinition of braze in:
- The US English dictionary