Definition of breadboard in English:
1A board for cutting bread on.
- The salad was huge, served on what looked like giant breadboards.
- Before I went out I dropped a breadboard on my foot, so there are several bits of me complaining this morning.
- My brain resembles a pile of crumbs on a breadboard - totally frazzled.
2A board for making an experimental model of an electric circuit.
- Of much importance for practical testing of R & D was a breadboard experimental outfit created within the institute in April 1961.
- The phase difference between the spin fixture roll angle and the breadboard roll-angle estimate is illustrated in Figure 5.
- The testing team achieved rotation tracking on the first attempt, and no modifications to the breadboard were required for testing.
verb[with object] Back to top
Make (an experimental electric circuit): a modem I breadboarded myself (as noun breadboarding) an article describes the technique of breadboarding
More example sentences
- The double-sided checker-board is also useful for breadboarding with surface mounted components.
- The PP - 272 provides the user with a quick and efficient system for breadboarding electronic circuits.
- That way, you can use the same breadboarding system for all of your experimental circuits.
Words that rhyme with breadboardheadboard
Definition of breadboard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.