- 1The mating and production of offspring by animals: the flooding of the rivers is a trigger for breeding to startMore example sentences
- In both cases the result is assortative mating or breeding among mates that possess similar genes.
- They possess fully-functional reproductive systems, showing that they are capable of normal breeding.
- The lives of innumerable other animals that rely on oak woodlands during migration or breeding could be disrupted.
- 2The good manners regarded as characteristic of the aristocracy and conferred by heredity: a girl of good breedingMore example sentences
- This lady is of good breeding, and great character.
- Both appeared to have good manners and fine breeding.
- She was grateful that her manners and good breeding had not failed her while the rest of her mind seemingly had.