- 1Having shining eyes: creatures of the night—owls, bats and bright-eyed catsMore example sentences
- The two richly dressed infants have brought their pets, as bright-eyed as themselves, with them.
- The pale-skinned bright-eyed goddess wills it.
- The boy gazed back at him, bright-eyed and calm.
- 1.1Alert and lively: bright-eyed young lawyersMore example sentences
- Perched on a sofa in his plush suite, he is bright-eyed and unexpectedly eager to talk.
- Along with their bright-eyed optimism, the band offers up some surprisingly innovative songs.
- Thin and tired, she seemed to have little in common with the bright-eyed young go-getter.
bright-eyed and bushy-tailed
- • informal Alert and lively: he arrived bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at the studio[from the conventional description of a squirrel]More example sentences
- The two walked off bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I wandered outside alone.
- I started high school bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- I could see she was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed now, fully awake.
More definitions of bright-eyedDefinition of bright-eyed in:
- The US English dictionary