- A light sweet yeast bread typically in the form of a small round roll: she ate a brioche and drank milky coffee [mass noun]: scallops crumbed in briocheMore example sentences
- Panettone, stollen, brioche or malted fruit breads are ideal for this.
- Elsewhere prices for brioches, soda breads and rye loaves are spiralling as demand surges.
- Dip the small brioche rounds in the vanilla custard and place in the bottom of the mold, pressing gently to secure.
French, from Norman French brier, synonym of broyer, literally 'split up into very small pieces by pressure'.
More definitions of briocheDefinition of brioche in:
- The US English dictionary