- Wide-ranging; general: we expect to see broad-based support broad-based knowledge an introductory broad-based courseMore example sentences
- Since the investor cannot beat the market, buying a broad-based market index is likely to earn as good a return with a lot less work.
- Four of these proposals attracted broad-based support.
- The humor is reasonably broad-based: not so juvenile that adults will dismiss it, and not so sophisticated that children won't laugh.
More definitions of broad-basedDefinition of broad-based in:
- The US English dictionary