- 1A skewer or spit on which chunks of meat or fish are barbecued, grilled, or roasted: beef and lamb en brochetteMore example sentences
- Chunks of moist chicken, bursting with taste and tenderness, are grilled on a brochette with slices of blackened onion.
- The best of the seafood dishes was a platter of monkfish and giant sea scallops, densely skewered on a rosemary brochette.
- The brochettes are very long and have a V-shaped blade in order to more easily pierce the meat.
- 1.1A dish consisting of chunks of meat or fish cooked on a brochette: healthy dishes like brochettes of seafoodMore example sentences
- Just as all the appetizers are available in varied formats, the main courses of falafel or meat brochettes are served as sandwich or as a platter.
- The dish came with two brochettes, and these were something else - tender and juicy and infused with citrusy flavour.
- You know the lamb must be fresh when it's the basis for three daily dishes: soup, brochette or shoulder.
French, diminutive of broche 'skewer'.
More definitions of brochetteDefinition of brochette in:
- The US English dictionary