- (In the UK) a person combining the former functions of a broker and jobber on the Stock Exchange.More example sentences
- It has now requested details from large broker-dealers, transfer agents, and the 80 largest U.S. mutual-fund families on their trading practices.
- Some of the 12-1 fees may go a broker-dealer or other intermediary who helped the fund land a slot in your 401 plan.
- But if NASDAQ's lower rates prove to be enticing to broker-dealers, they could shift millions of dollars in business back to NASDAQ - and cause a world of hurt for Archipelago.
Now the official term on the UK Stock Exchange, replacing broker in 1986.
More definitions of broker-dealerDefinition of broker-dealer in:
- The US English dictionary