- 1A savoury sauce made with fat and flour cooked to a brown colour.More example sentences
- Try the sliced trotter in brown sauce or the sliced beef in brown sauce.
- The emphasis is on home-made dishes: corned beef hash with Tracy's own brown sauce; sandwiches with turkey and ham cooked on the premises; soup and freshly-baked bread; quiche and more.
- It was a plate of Icelandic lobster tails and lamb served with a tomato/zucchini salsa, roasted potatoes and some brown sauce.
- 2A commercially prepared relish containing vinegar and spices.More example sentences
- Being highly concentrated, Worcester sauce is employed mostly as a condiment or an ingredient rather than as a relish like the brown sauce which it superficially resembles.
- There is apparently a similar line running through the Central Belt, where the preference for vinegar with chips morphs into the craving for brown sauce with them.
- Daily newspapers were on the rack, including the Pattaya Mail, of course, while on the table were the usual condiments, including brown sauce and ketchup.
More definitions of brown sauceDefinition of brown sauce in:
- The US English dictionary