- A sedentary aquatic invertebrate of the phylum Bryozoa, which comprises the moss animals.More example sentences
- The greatest tentacle length in a bryozoan lophophore known to us is 1.2 mm, reported by Cook from a highly obliquely truncate lophophore in a colony of the ctenostome Flustrellida hispida.
- There are more than 50 fish species whose lives are linked to Sargassum, and a myriad of invertebrates, including gastropods, polychaetes, bryozoans, anemones, and sea-spiders.
- Commonly, the host is a brachiopod, but it may be a coral, bryozoan colony, crinoid stem, or mollusk.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting bryozoans.More example sentences
- Individuals within all bryozoan colonies are relatively small.
- Many of the 5000 or so bryozoan species exhibit polymorphism.
- It is apparent that mining of bryozoan branches weakened them, thus making them subject more readily to breakage by wave action.
More definitions of bryozoanDefinition of bryozoan in:
- The US English dictionary