nounNorth American • dated
- A cowboy.More example sentences
- Some buckaroos will protest that the list is unfair to Westerns because it reflects only present-day movie tastes.
- While they share language and heritage, cowboys and buckaroos differ in their working styles, saddles, land and property ownership standards, legal cultures, and in almost everything else.
- It's a pad that has hosted the kind of parties you hear about for years after the actual event - we're talking wild buckaroo Stampede breakfast parties with bands catching beer thrown by people perched on garage roofs.
early 19th century: alteration of vaquero.
More definitions of buckarooDefinition of buckaroo in:
- The US English dictionary