- A machine with a series of scoops or buckets on a rotating belt, used to excavate or move material.More example sentences
- While mining companies used to dig out the oilsands using draglines and bucketwheels, those large pieces of machinery are being phased out in favour of trucks and shovels, which have become better - not to mention bigger - in recent years.
- So where it was tougher to get the electrical power to, for the bigger bucketwheels, they've always been using truck and shovel.
- The bucketwheels can mine a total of 7,000 tonnes of oilsand per hour; it takes about two tonnes of oilsands to make one barrel of synthetic crude oil.
More definitions of bucketwheelDefinition of bucketwheel in:
- The US English dictionary