- A hollow spherical molecule composed of a large number of carbon atoms: the active layer is made of buckyballs, carbon molecules that are just 1 nanometer in diameterMore example sentences
- The early promise of the spherical all-carbon fullerenes, better known to non-chemists as buckyballs, have not yet lived up to their early hype.
- Not only are further studies needed about the environmental effects of buckyballs, but on the buckyballs themselves.
- Smalley was the recipient of the 1996 Nobel Prize in chemistry for the discovery of closed, hollow cages of carbon atoms known as buckyballs.
More definitions of buckyballDefinition of buckyball in:
- The US English dictionary