- A moth caterpillar that is destructive to buds. See also spruce budworm.More example sentences
- However, the continuing logic of comprehensive chemical spray was soon accepted, as the budworm was found to rebound quickly and move readily across space.
- Interestingly, the budworms and earworms have been found to produce the same compounds found in the saliva of beet armyworms.
- According to the proponents of the silvicultural hypothesis, several processes combined to make forests increasingly vulnerable to budworm outbreaks.
More definitions of budwormDefinition of budworm in:
- The US English dictionary