- Any of a number of grasses, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a creeping grass of the North American plains (Buchloe dactyloides, family Gramineae). ● a North American grass (Stenotaphrum secundatum, family Gramineae), naturalized in Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- The rest of the property is planted with native grasses, including blue grama and buffalo grass.
- All need water in addition to rainfall, but Bermuda grass, buffalo grass and the improved tall fescues need the least.
- Sideoats grama, buffalo grass, sagebrush, yucca and prickly pear cactus are also common on the canyon floor and walls.
More definitions of buffalo grassDefinition of buffalo grass in:
- The US English dictionary